The Dread Trove is a collection of magical Fae items with immense power.
Their original maker was the Cauldron. Some of them were created hundreds to thousands of years ago, and were used by various Fae rulers to secure their rule. Only three ancient Trove, the Crown, the Mask, and the Harp, have survived, with many being lost to time or misplacement.
Known Dread Trove
- The Crown - a large crown made out of golden spikes. Has the ability to control the minds of others to do the wearer's bidding. Was in the possession of Queen Briallyn.
- The Harp - a small, golden harp. Capable of opening portals to different locations and realities, as well as altering one environment, such as trapping Fae into stone to form the Prison.
- The Mask - a golden mask carved with ancient patterns. Is able to call upon the dead and control them.
- Gwydion - a magical sword of death that belonged to the first High King of Prythian, Fionn to free and unite the land from the Daglan. It's said that it was forged by the High Priestess Oleanna, and was as dark as night. Its other name is the Starsword. The sword ended up on Midgard where Ruhn Danaan had earned and carried it. The sword calls to both him and his half-sister, Bryce Quinlan.
- Narben - a magical sword. Said to be powerful enough to have given the King of Hybern victory over the second war on Prythian if he had had it. Amarantha is said to have found it, but, being denied by it to possess its power, she threw it into the sea out of anger.
- Ataraxia - a magical sword created by Nesta Archeron. It glows with silver flames and is capable of killing a true immortal creature such as Lanthys by trapping them in their physical form. Supposedly a weapon of pure death.
- Nesta's Great Sword - a magical great sword created by Nesta Archeron. Unsheathed, it glows a bright silver light that crackles with sparks.
- The Mask is featured on the cover of A Court of Silver Flames.