There are seven Courts that rule Prythian, each with a High Lord ruling over it. They are divided into two, the Seasonal Courts and the Solar Courts. There is also the symbolic eighth Court, called The Middle, which is considered sacred.
The nature of the Seasonal Courts is linked to their High Lords, whose magic and will keeps them in eternal spring, summer, fall, or winter, like a strange stagnation.
- Spring Court: ruled by Tamlin
- Summer Court ruled by Tarquin
- Autumn Court: ruled by Beron
- Winter Court ruled by Kallias
The Solar Courts are of a more symbolic nature, each Court adhering to the laws of nature. All three Courts go through the rise and fall of the sun, however depending on their Court, it may be different for each. For example, the nights in the Night Court are said to be far more beautiful than those in other Courts.
- Dawn Court ruled by Thesan
- Day Court ruled by Helion
- Night Court ruled by Rhysand and Feyre
- Each Court of Prythian has an insignia with a design that symbolizes the Court.